It’s no more a secret that mobile web use is increasing steadily. Over 50% of all web traffic comes from mobile devices, and that number isn’t slowing down. Last year Google said that there were more Google searches taking place on smartphone devices than on desktops in many countries. They are the most likely scenario that in the coming years, mobile web traffic will certainly more than desktop usage.
As mobile web use becomes, increasingly popular it places an additional demand on developers and WordPress users to design responsive sites. However, the big change of mobile shift can be observed with the WP REST API, which lets developers build mobile apps using WordPress. One day, WordPress will be able to secure mobile apps together like a platform.
So, let’s know more about the WP REST API, and how it benefits of using WP REST API for the WordPress.
What is the WordPress REST API?
The definition of the REST API is a way to get or set data. In the context of WordPress, this means that you could do like getting the list of posts on your site or create a new post. As the REST API matures, and more plugins and extensions are created future looks bright for this combination.
Benefits of using WP REST API for the WordPress Development:
- The WP REST API permit to use WordPress as a backend tool for an app. It looks very simple, but very tough. It creates an end numbers of wonderful opportunities for the developers.
- The WordPress REST API creates the fast and effective way for the app to retrieve content, without requiring for the client to update their content in several places. Instead, WordPress act as a site and also backend for the particular app.
- With the help of WP REST API, it is possible to make an app for the client. The app can easily pull the information and images for all kinds of upcoming events and offer wonderful functionality for online booking so the client would have quickly post information about upcoming shows and have all that information published to both WordPress and it’s native app.
- The biggest benefit of this kind of API is the ease of management. This approach allows the website owners to manage the content for any types of native app and their WordPress site without requiring to manage to create a costly custom API.
- Thus, WordPress REST API is certainly great new development in the history of the WordPress, where WordPress is now not limited to technology outside of the CMS. It not just means of creating new and most innovative methods for managing content but also increased speed and flexibility of the WordPress developers.