If you just type offshore PHP development in the Google, you will find lakhs of results in a few minutes. This means if you wish to find the right company for your service, you will have a hard time. Again a number of difficult jargons can make you go crazy. You can altogether avoid these things with a few preparations and find the right company in no time.
As the software development follows a methodology, so is the task of finding one for the job. You need to have proper planning to make sure that you look into all the things properly. You need to prepare yourself with a few questions to make sure that you find the right offshore PHP development company.
When building a software experience stands a better chance compared to other things. You should concentrate on finding an experienced offshore PHP development company. You should look for the years of experience and the kind of the work they have done. The main idea behind it is to know how reliable the company is and how much you can trust them with your project. Here are a set of questions that you should ask before hiring an offshore PHP company.
- For how long they have been working on PHP?
- How many projects have they completed on PHP so far?
- What is the number of live PHP projects they have in the market?
- What is the capacity of their staff?
- What kind of businesses they have served?
- What number of clients do they have?
- How many developers they have and how many of them work for PHP?
The offshore partner has the capability to decide the future of your business. He can make or break your business. If your project falls into the hands of wrong people, you will end up behind others in business. It is important to make sure that the development company you plan to hire has the right qualifications. You should be clear about their strengths and weaknesses and know how it can affect your business. Some of the questions that you should ask related to their expertise are:
- What are the experience, skills and qualifications of the developers?
- What kind of delivery modes they offer?
- What development methodology they follow?
- What technology and tools does the company use?
- How much does it take for the company to complete the project and deploy?
- What do they think about project documentation?
- Is it possible to upgrade the software in future based on your needs?
- How to do they track the progress of the project based on time and budget?
- For rapid development, which frameworks do they use?
Communication plays a major role in case of offshore development company. It is important to have proper communication between both parties and there should not be any kind of language barrier on the both sides. Actually, when choosing right offshore partner, communication has to be set on priority. Some of the questions you should be asking are:
- What kind of policy they have for communication?
- Are the developers or project managers available to talk on Skype when needed?
- What is the time-zone of the developers and is it difficult for having proper communication?
- What are the languages known to the team?
One of the best ways to know how a company offers its services is to check out the past projects. Review from past clients matters. You can ask the company for past clients to get a review. Some of the questions you need to ask are:
- Is the company ready to offer references?
- Can they show some sample work?
- Are they open to give the contact details of the past clients?